I am involved with a group in LinkedIn and this was suggested for a blog post. We were asked to pick five questions out of ten. I chose more than five, but I’ve been known to color within the lines. So here goes:
1) What is the title of your book? The Fine Line
2) How did you come by the idea? I have posted this in a previous blog, but just to give everyone a summation, I was living in Southwestern Ohio in 2008 and across the street was one of the oldest houses in the area. It was the most beautiful house I’d ever seen. It was on the Ohio Historical list. That house is where my idea for the book originally came from. I have a hidden fascination with the paranormal and have my own ghost hunting group. That’s where the sci-fi element came into play.
3) What genre does your book fall under? horror, sci-fi, fantasy, paranormal romance
4) Which actors would you choose to play your characters if it were a movie? Not sure who would play the female character (would want it to be a new actress to help start her career) in my book, but I would most certainly pick Robert Downey Jr. for the part of Matthew Gregory.
6) Will your book be self-published or traditional? My book was picked up by BookLocker.com. It is a self publisher, but in the same sense, it’s not. I’ve had to front very little money to get this project rolling. The only money I’ve come up with is the money to have the book converted into e-book form. The book is actually a print-on-demand book. I am a conservationist at heart and wanted to try to save trees. So if shelves are not stocked with books that no one wants, then some trees in some forest may get to remain standing.
10)What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? Although the book seems like a horror film put on paper, it’s not. It has deep inspirational components in it showing how tragedy and adversity can always be overcome with faith, love, and a solid spiritual foundation, no matter what religious background is a focal point in your life. I want the audience to understand that it doesn’t matter what religion you are because it’s not up to anyone to judge your belief system. It’s a personal walk between you and your Creator. And by focusing on that walk, many heartbreaking and challenging things can be overcome in one’s life.